Tuesday, November 1, 2011

samurai champloo poster

For this assignment we were supposed to go to wordle.com and write a bunch of words that would then be mixed into a collage and then fill them into the silhouette of a picture. I tried using lots of pictures, but after experimenting with them I felt unsatisfied and I kept trying to find something better. Finally I had come across a picture that looked like it would really work well, not just because of the great silhouette, but also because of the cool words I could use with it. The genre of anime which this show, Samurai Champloo falls into was my inspiration to create this and the creativity of Japanese art in general. This piece didn't take me too long which was a relief and the process was very simple and easy to do. If I was to do something like this again I think the thing that I would do different next time would be to control the placing of the words and making them blend really well with the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment